Object Tracking Question

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

Object Tracking Question

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:48 pm

I currently captured several images and set up color maps for them. However, when I put any of those objects in front of the camera and enable tracking I always get $00 as the color of object tracked (Byte 2).

I am viewing this through the log in the PC software.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:01 pm

Are you getting any tracking to work, or is it specifically for a certain object/color you are having trouble? Obviously, the lighting in a room can make a big difference when evaluating tracking capabilities. You say you are getting $00 as the color of the object tracked...what is the complete packet you are receiving? If you are getting ANY output packet, it means that the system is tracking SOMETHING.

Finally, you said that you set up color maps. I presume you mean you added a couple of different colors to a single color map...right?

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Yeah, I added several colors to map and I am having trouble with all of them. I will expirement with different lighting. What does $00 for the color mean? I would think they would range from 1-8.

Will the tracking work with stationary objects? The robot I am building will be selecting out of 6 different color soda cans, so basically I just need to detect 6 different stationary colors. Should I use tracking or just dump a frame for this?

Thank you for your help!

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 pm

I just figured it out. The valid ranges are 0-7. You may want to make that more clear in the documentation (just a suggestion), but otherwise this camera is great so far! Also, by me using this camera over the CMUCam a lot of students in this robotic class may follow suite in the future.

Return to AVRcam Embedded System