Compile Errors

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

Compile Errors

Postby cruxmnky » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:15 pm

Just got the cam. Started a new project in AVR Studio. Did a build without changing anything and get this:

Makefile:53: warning: overriding commands for target `CamInterface.o'
Makefile:47: warning: ignoring old commands for target `CamInterface.o'
avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega8 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -O0 -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -Wp,-M,-MP,-MT,CamInterface.o,-MF,dep/CamInterface.o.d -c ../../AVRCam/CamInterface.c -o CamInterface.o
avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega8 CamInterfaceAsm.o CamConfig.o CamInterface.o DebugInterface.o Executive.o FrameMgr.o I2CInterface.o Main.o UartInterface.o UIMgr.o Utility.o CamInterface.o -o KileysWork.elf

CamInterface.o(.text+0x0): In function `CamInt_init':
../../AVRCam/CamInterface.c:271: multiple definition of `CamInt_init'
CamInterface.o(.text+0x0):../../AVRCam/CamInterface.c:271: first defined here
CamInterface.o(.noinit+0x0): In function `CamInt_init':
../../AVRCam/CamInterface.c:271: multiple definition of `colorMap'
CamInterface.o(.noinit+0x0):../../AVRCam/CamInterface.c:271: first defined here
CamInterface.o(.text+0xb8): In function `CamInt_resetCam':
../../AVRCam/CamInterface.c:451: multiple definition of `CamInt_resetCam'
CamInterface.o(.text+0xb8):../../AVRCam/CamInterface.c:451: first defined here
make: *** [Work.elf] Error 1

Anyone else run into this?
cruxmnky

Postby thefoxnet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:51 am

I've just tried a compile with the latest version and it has compiled with 0 errors.

Is this your first time compiling this type of code?

For myself to get it working, I installed the WinAVR stuff, then create a sub folder within the WinAVR main folder call avrcam and copied the latest AVRcam source into this folder.

Then, I put a copy of the folder call avr (this is a sub folder of winavr) with the avrcam folder (so it is a sub folder of avrcam).

Then, I ran programmer notepad and opened the file called main.c.

Then, I clicked on "tools" and "make all".... that's it.. compiled without errors.

Hope this helps...
Paul
thefoxnet

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:35 am

I think the problem is that you are using AVR Studio to do the build. I, too, have used AVR Studio in the past with AVR GCC, but I have been exclusively using the WinAVR package with Programmer's Notepad lately as my "IDE" to develop the code, build it, and download it to the AVRcam.

That being said, it certainly may be possible to get everything up and running with Studio, but I haven't tried. For now, I'd suggest trying PN. Its actually pretty nice...I still turn to Studio to simulate code that I build with WinAVR, and it produces all the needed files (coff, etc).

Postby cruxmnky » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:31 pm

Thanks for the help. PN is building fine.
cruxmnky

Return to AVRcam Embedded System