Fire fighter

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

Fire fighter

Postby guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:42 am

Am planning on using the avrcam for my fire fighter. Is it possible to detect the candle by looking for the orange color of the candle fire?I think it should be able to, but i just want to make sure it can before buying it.

Postby guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:35 pm

Well detecting the color of stationary objects can be done easily with avrcam, but here you see the flame would not be completely steady and that might cause difficulty. Also the flame has some gradience in color, its color is not entirely the same. Am not sure if the avrcam would be that good an idea...may be u could go for other sensors specifically made for detecting flames.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:13 pm

I don't think you would want to sense the flame through its color. I would think that you would want to use the high-intensity infrared that would be emitted from the flame, and this could be detected as a very bright spot in the image. I haven't actually tried to do this before...anyone with first hand experience???

Return to AVRcam Embedded System