OV7620

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

OV7620

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 8:22 am

Can anyone tell me if the camera OV7620 will be compatable with this project? I cannot source the ov6620 anywhere (UK Based) so this seems to be the only available one for me.

Cheers
Andy

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 8:30 am

Hello,
The OV7620 is not compatible with this project. The OV7620 has a 27 MHz crystal source to clock the chip (since the chip delivers a higher resolution of 640 x 480), and this speed is too high to also clock the AVR mega8 synchronously with it. That is, in the current configuration...

If you wanted to add a flip-flop between the OV7620's external clock output line, and the crystal input line of the mega8, you would be clocking the mega8 with a 13.5 MHz signal which would work. You would be operating on a decimated frame though...and this would obviously require hardware changes.

You should be able to purchase the OV6620 from http://www.electronics123.com , which is located in the US but most likely will ship to the UK.

Postby Guest » Mon May 16, 2005 8:32 am

Do you offer shipping of your kits to the UK? If so how much? :?

Postby Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 5:05 pm

Slightly off-topic, but yes, I can ship to the UK. Cost is around $20 USD.

Return to AVRcam Embedded System