what exactly Y port output is...

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

what exactly Y port output is...

Postby G.Satyanarayana » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:39 am

hi,
camera: OV6630.
microcontroller: AT89C5131.
language used: embedded 'C'.

1.i'm able to read the values from Y port of camera but i'm unable to convert it to image.i've configured output format to 8-bit format.

2. what exactly is Y port output is. Is it RGB data or is it the intensity of image (i.e. black&white image) or is it bayer format.

3. Is there any software which can convert camera data(i.e. my camera Y port output..) into image.

plz help me out ASAP.

thanks,
G.Satyanarayana
G.Satyanarayana

Postby johno » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:08 pm

The data coming out on the Y port depends upon whether or not you have the camera configured to send YUV pixels or RGB pixels (it sends YUV by default). I don't recall off the top of my head which register it is, but a single bit can be set in one of the registers to alter the pixel mode.

If you're using the default, you're getting luminance data (think black and white television), and these pixels should give you a black and white photograph of whatever image is being captured.

Again, if you want to display this on a PC, use the AVRcamVIEW PC app source code as an example (though modifications are needed), or read up on OpenGL or DirectX to display pixels in a window on a PC.
-John O
Site Admin
johno

Thanks

Postby G.Satyanarayana » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:32 pm

Thank you very much for your reply sir.

I will conform my code func as u said.I will be in touch with u untill i get pic. thanks once again.

regards,
G.Satyanarayana
G.Satyanarayana
G.Satyanarayana

Return to AVRcam Embedded System