AVRcam is unable to detect serial port.

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

AVRcam is unable to detect serial port.

Postby G.Satyanarayana » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:38 am

hi,

I am working with C3038 camera module I was able to communicate with camera module with my microcontroller (AT89c5131). I have down loaded AVRcam software from your site. But when I'm trying to connect my camera using your software through serial port I am unable to connect.

It is giving me error as

Response timer expired: Please connect the serial port to the computer and make sure AVRcam is powered.
System message: ping response timer expired.

Can you let me know where is the problem?

I am sending the bayer RGB data from camera at 115200-baud rate. Collecting data from Y-port of camera to Microcontroller and microcontroller to AVRcam software on the system at 115200-baud rate. So can you suggest me any other front-end software, which can able to take the data in bayer RGB format and give the picture output or suggest me how to develop that type of software or how to proceed further to get image from camera.
I think you have used the same software to collect the data from your camera.

Thanks & Regards,
G.Satyanarayana
G.Satyanarayana
G.Satyanarayana

Postby johno » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Hello,
The AVRcamVIEW PC application sends a ping command (PG\n) to the AVRcam to detect if it is there or not right when the PC application starts up. If it doesn't get a response after a few seconds, the PC app posts a message to the screen indicating that the ping command timed out.

As far as collecting data and displaying it on a PC, you could probably collect the raw RGB data and display it in Matlab, but it is easier to whip together a quick PC app to simply paint a window with the returned pixel values (see the source code for the AVRcamVIEW PC application as an example).
-John O
Site Admin
johno

Postby G.Satyanarayana » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:23 am

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion,

Has it is said that AVRcamVIEW PC application sends a ping command (PG\n) to the AVRcam to detect, in replay to it what we have to send? from camera.

From where i can found the source code of AVRcamVIEW software.

Thanks & Regards,
G.Satyanarayana
G.Satyanarayana
G.Satyanarayana

Return to AVRcam Embedded System