robotic arm help

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

robotic arm help

Postby beng » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:10 pm

After looking at the AVRcam it seams exactly what I need however as I am new to picking out a camera for a robot of the particular type that I wish to build I am unsure whether it is exactly what I want.

First and foremost the robot I wish to design is a servo controlled arm attached to a computer (which is doing the actual thinking). The camera will be needed to give the arm a view so it can see what it is grabbing. What this means is I need a camera that can be hooked up to a computer and talk to the computer about what it sees (blob tracking, location size ect.) and then allow the computer to use that info to control the arm.

Does the AVRcam have the potential to fill this job?

If that is confusing or makes no sense (I'm sorry I’m a little sick at the moment and I am not quite thinking strait) please ask a question so that I can clarify.

Also if you know of any good servo controllers (I have seen a few I like but more options are good) that can be used for this arm (about 8 servos would be nice) I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for any help.
beng

Return to AVRcam Embedded System