pull blob data

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

pull blob data

Postby oldmanJoe » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:59 am

Hi,

I use the avrcam in conjunction with a number of other devices, unfortunately they all communicate over the same rfcomm channel. And so I would like to be able to PULL the blob data from the avrcam as and when I need it rather than getting a continuos stream (PUSH) blocking all the other devices. Has anyone done anything similar in the past? Or am I on my own?

Needless to say I dont see the point in reinventing the wheel :D

joe
oldmanJoe

Postby johno » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:17 pm

While I don't know of anyone who has implemented such a thing, it would be relatively easy to add in:
-You'd add a command to enable this one-shot tracking mode ("EO\n" for enable one-shot)
-You'd add a command to disable this one-shot tracking mode ("DO\n" for disable one-shot)
-You'd add a command to retrieve the last set of tracking data ("GT\n" for get tracking data)

The enabling/disabling of one-shot tracking would be almost identical to the normal processing for the Enable Tracking and Disable Tracking commands, with the exception that an extra flag would be stored to indicate to the FrameMgr whether or not the tracking info should be sent out the serial port or not. This flag would be set based on the reception of the "GT\n" command, and once a set of tracking data was sent out, the flag would be cleared.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing this as well, but this is the first that came to mind. Let us know if you end up implementing this; I'd love to add it into the main source.
-John O
Site Admin
johno

Postby oldmanJoe » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:28 am

Cheers,

I will let you know how it goes...
oldmanJoe

Return to AVRcam Embedded System