AVRcam LIDAR

This forum is used for discussing hardware, software, and technical details of the AVRcam embedded system.

AVRcam LIDAR

Postby davedave » Wed May 10, 2006 11:10 pm

I'm using the AVRcam as the input for a LIDAR as a uni project. My assorted colleagues are wondering which particular variety of open source the code is.
They are hoping for a BSD style license (can be used for proprietry software as long as sources are credited. Eg: Adobe and the LZW algorithm)), I'm not too fussed. If anyone has a good way of adapting the colour tracking for this I'm open to suggestions. At the moment the colour tracking output will be off loaded to another processor to do the trigonometry, but I'm hoping to get it all packed into the mega8 at some point.
davedave

Postby johno » Sat May 13, 2006 9:42 am

The license of the source code is currently GPL, essentially meaning that if you provide a modified executable of the AVRcam or AVRcamVIEW binary, you need to also provide the modified source code to them. If you simply want to make changes to the source for your own personal development, there is no need to release the source (though, it is always appreciated if you do for others to learn from your work :-) )
-John O
Site Admin
johno

Return to AVRcam Embedded System